Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Parker's Are Leaving Newtown

I sat quietly alone on Emilie’s bed staring up at the flowers painted on her wall.  Memories of her filled me.  This room, her room, had been custom designed by the two of us, together.  We picked the drapes, the bedding, the furniture… together.  We sewed the pillows side by side on her little sewing machine.. together.  We carefully crafted all her accessories, her pictures, her walls…together.  As I looked up again at those same flowers… the flowers she and I created together, I didn’t know if I was strong enough to take the next step......

..... Robbie recently accepted a job that requires a big move for our family.  This was not an easy decision.  We hadn’t been looking for a job and this one really was just perfect for us in every way.  But as perfect as the job truly was, it came with a lot of tough decisions and steps that frankly scared me to death.  Are we ready to leave the other families?  Can we leave this house?  Can we leave these memories?   Can we say goodbye to her room?.....

..... I couldn’t control the media coverage or what was being said about the case, right or wrong. 

.....I couldn’t control the fundraising frenzy that took place around us from large organizations that I thought we could trust, that used Emilie’s face to raise money for their own benefit. 

.....I also had no control over graphic images of my daughter’s body and who had the right to see, post or print those pictures however they wanted.  So, moving meant selling our house.  Selling our house meant people are allowed to come into our house.

..... Together, Robbie and I did it.  We painted her wall.  It was awful and it was emotional, but we forever made it ours and ours alone.  We had control over her memory.  It was tough, but it was right.  I had the closure I needed.

..... Now as we pack up our belongings this next week and head back to the Northwest, I do it having taken the emotional steps that I needed to feel like I was truly ready.  And I am ready.  We are always “connected”.

Read the full text HERE.

13 comments:

  1. They are full of crap. They lied and need to leave to start a new life somewhere else. Will people recognize them in their new town? We'll have to wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not even a real family, from what I gather...so ...no...we won't see more of them...at least not together as a family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not be surprised if something "tragic" happened to them during the move. Another attempt at destruction of evidence. Similar to how SHE just disappeared.
    "Dead men tell no tales"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did Robbie tell us about his new job ?

      Can somebody post the direct link from linkedin? GLP bans people to try to get them to pay for subscriptions and in doing so I cannot grab the link but I did get the thread.

      Apparently Robbie was a quality engineer at a major defense contractor. For some reason he managed to change careers and work as a PA at Danbury hospital and make enough money to live in Newtown? Go figure

      http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2102320/pg1

      Delete
  4. Hmm.... moving eh? Did they not just bury Emily in Newtown? I'll be curious if they exhume her little casket and bring it with them to 're-bury' her in their new location. As a mother, I'd have a very hard time leaving her little grave site, I'd feel the need to relocate her along with the rest of the family. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emilie was laid to rest (supposedly) at Evergreen memorial park in Ogden, Utah it is on monroe blvd. This is the same area in which robbie and alyssa grew up. He is probably going back to his job at Spotter RF in Provo Area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alyssa's father died unexpectedly just two months before the sandy hook supposed tragedy... in Logan Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting. The dad who cannot help laughing, and the mom who's mannerisms suggest someone on the nether side of psychosis. I'm not blaming her. She's stuck into a scenario with a partner who can only act. I hope they can get it together, or let it come apart, in the place to which they are moving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just went to the real estate listing, why if there are 4 bedrooms, is.one.being used as a guest room? Furthermore, there are NO family photos at all in.the house, no kids drawings on the fridge, the kids rooms look virtually unlived in, no.personal touches through the whole house, not even a grill on the back deck. Have these.people ever lived in that house? I'm still doing some.digging but there are 3 houses for sale on that street and all were.closed on April of 2012...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the listing - they apparently just arrived here and bought that house in April 2012 and his career is that of a Physicians's Assistant ? How did they afford a $370k house on a single PA salary and where is he going now and why ? Another PA job in the North West? How much of a hit is he going to take on selling his house the market has tanked?

      http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/13-Country-Squire-Ln-Sandy-Hook-CT-06482/57338191_zpid/

      Delete
  9. It is quite common for one to eliminate all photos and personal touches from a house that is on the market. Real Estate agents will always recommend it too. The reason is because the potential new owner is mentally visualizing their own items in the rooms.
    To really establish (approx.) how much the house was "lived in" during those years, one would need to collect the utility bills.

    ReplyDelete